Friday, August 9, 2013

July 26, 213

It's our fifth wedding anniversary, and we've rented a house in Woodstock to celebrate.

Hiked a serious, 1.5 mile steep ascent of a trail in the Catskills today. Miraculously (thankfully) very few concerned citizens on this trail. However, as we approach the summit, a fifty-ish woman with her teenage daughter smiles and says, "Is this a 'I hope I have this baby soon' walk?" I shake my head. "We aren't expecting our little friend for another couple months." She actually is agape as she says, "Really? You look like you're..." I can't wait to hear what, what do I look like? I smile. I keep walking. I can almost hear the wheels cranking in her head, "You look great," she finally concludes. "Thanks," I grin.

After we are out of earshot your dad says, "It's been a long time for her. She probably forgot."

No comments:

Post a Comment